The first time I heard of GYSTing was on YouTube and I instantly fell in love with the idea. I am the type of person who puts off things I can do easily or I simply forget to do them and so a ‘get-your-shit together’ day is perfect for me and my sanity. What is a GYST day you ask? (You probably didn’t.) A GYST day is simply a day in which you focus on catching up on things you didn’t have time to do during the week/month/etc be it at home, at work or even your social life.
I usually put my earphones (I listen to a lot of Kpop when doing these things simply because it gives me a lot of energy) in on a Sunday and set about doing my GYST routine which pretty much consists of three sections: chores, self-care, uni/social media. I usually start with the chores then I move onto university/social media and finally onto self-care.
Without further ado, here’s my GYST routine.
- Deep clean the house – so things like changing bed sheets, washing windows and doing laundry. I do these things either every week or every two weeks.
- Meal prep – I don’t do this much during the summer but I try my best to meal prep during term time so that I don’t starve during the week.
- Wash makeup brushes – I try to do this as often as I can since I have this weird (or not) fear of dirty makeup brushes touching my skin.
- Organize my files and my notes from the week as well as the notes I prepare for the next week
- Review my reading and add to my notes
- Make a master to-do list for the following week
- Take pictures for my studygram + bookstagram
- Review scheduled blog posts
- Put on a hair/face mask and have a bubble bath (I don’t do this every time, maybe once a month)
- Go on a long walk without listening to music – I try to do this as often as I can but I make it a priority on GYST days
- Work on my bullet journal – I usually prepare the spread for the next week
- Read/meditate/tarot reading
So here it is, my ‘get-your-shit-together’ routine! Do you have a GYST routine and if you do, what do you usually do during your GYST day? Thanks a lot for reading and make sure to check out my last blog post which is a list of my back to school playlist.
(GIFS ARE NOT MINE! CREDIT GOES TO WHOEVER MADE THEM!)